Employment Law Attorneys for Federal Workers in Texas
Outside of nation's capital, the state of Texas has one of the largest contingents of federal government employees. Yet most attorneys who practice in federal employee rights focus on those "home office" employees in the Washington, D.C. area.
Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., welcomes Texas residents who work for the federal government. We regularly field inquiries from Texans who face termination or disciplinary action by their federal employer or who have suffered from discrimination, harassment or retaliation.
We explain and uphold your specific rights as an employee of the United States government. Our lawyers are knowledgeable about the law, the protocols, the regulations and federal agencies that govern these claims. We fight for justice and we fight to protect what you have invested in your career as a public employee.
With more than 20 years of targeted experience, our attorneys are equipped for every scenario in federal employment law. If you work for the U.S. government in Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio or anywhere in Texas, contact us today to discover how we can help.
We practice exclusively in employment and labor law, and we are extensively familiar with the special rights and due process considerations at play for federal government employees. Attorney Alan Lescht has been recognized by Washingtonian magazine as one of the country's top employment law attorneys. He and his legal team are ready to advocate for you.
We offer a consultation to federal workers in Texas regarding:
- Employment discrimination (EEOC)— We have handled all forms of discrimination in hiring and the workplace, including age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and pregnancy, as well as sexual harassment and employer retaliation.
- MSPB claims — We will explain and protect your rights in Merit Systems Protection Board disciplinary proceedings.
- Discipline or removal — Our attorneys can formally challenge a reprimand, suspension or firing, or appeal and adverse MSPB decision in federal court.
- Responding to proposals — We intervene to prevent a proposed disciplinary action or to negotiate with the employer to minimize the punishment.
- Security clearance — We represent federal workers in all matters pertaining to gaining higher clearance or protecting a current security clearance status.
- Wrongful termination — If you were fired for bringing claims or for reporting unlawful activity as a whistleblower, we will pursue full damages for retaliatory discharge.
Federal employment law can be complex and there are strict rules and deadlines. Alan Lescht & Associates will advocate vigorously on your behalf and guide you through the process. We will determine if you have a case, and if not we will take the time to discuss your other options. Your consultation is completely confidential.
Se habla español • Credit cards accepted • Call to schedule a consultation if to discuss your legal problems relating to federal employment.
Please contact our firm to speak with an experienced federal employee rights attorney. We offer strategic and result-oriented legal services to federal workers in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and throughout Texas.