Employee Rights and Employment Litigation Attorneys
for Federal Government Workers in New York State
More than 85 percent of federal employees work outside of Washington, D.C., including tens of thousands of New Yorkers employed by the U.S. government. As a federal worker, you have special rights that private sector employees do not. Exercising those rights to the fullest extent is important if you are facing disciplinary action or bringing an employment discrimination claim.
At Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., you are represented by attorneys with focused knowledge of federal employee rights and legal proceedings. Our firm holds employers accountable for violating workers' rights and has successfully defended federal workers who are threatened with employment sanctions.
We have more than 20 years of experience in federal employment law. If you are a federal government worker in New York City or anywhere in New York state, contact us today for sophisticated representation.
Washington, D.C., trial lawyer Alan Lescht is known well beyond the nation's capital for his accomplishments in employment litigation. He has prevailed in complex and difficult cases on behalf of federal government employees through the United States.
We welcome inquiries from federal workers in the NYC metro area and Long Island, Albany and upstate New York, Syracuse, Buffalo, Rochester and throughout the state of New York. We can counsel and represent you regarding:
- Employment discrimination —You are protected from discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, nationality, religion, disability, pregnancy or family leave, and from sexual harassment in the workplace.
- MSPB claims — You have specific rights via the Merit Systems Protection Board regarding termination of employment or other disciplinary measures.
- Discipline or removal — You can fight a formal reprimand, suspension or termination. We represent clients in federal administrative proceedings and in court appeals.
- Responding to proposed sanctions — We help you respond proactively and vigorously to formal proposals for disciplinary sanctions.
- Security clearance — If you have been turned down in your request for higher security status, or if your clearance is in jeopardy, we can fight back.
- Retaliation — You may have a claim for damages for wrongful termination or other backlash, such as reprisal for whistleblowing on illegal activity, or demotion or transfer after filing a discrimination claim.
Standing up for your employee rights can be intimidating, especially if your employment or future advancement are threatened. Alan Lescht & Associates provides the skilled and committed advocacy from your initial claim or disciplinary action through hearings, trials and appeals. We provide an honest assessment of your situation so that you can make informed decisions, including your options if we determine you do not have a case.
Se habla español · Credit cards accepted · Call to schedule a consultation if you believe you have been wronged by your employer or face adverse employment actions that could end or jeopardize your public service career.
Please contact our firm to speak with an experienced federal employee rights attorney. We offer strategic and results-oriented legal services to federal government workers in New York City and statewide in New York.