A Premier Employment Law Practice in Washington, D.C.
Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., represents employees in the public and private sector in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia, as well as federal employees nationwide, who have suffered from any employment law violation, including employment discrimination, harassment, unfair compensation or wrongful termination. We also represent executives involved in contract disputes and counsel employees on how to legally comply with contracts to protect their rights prior to terminating employment.
We offer over 60 years of combined experience protecting employee rights. Having recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, we have the record of experience and resources to attain the results you need. Put us in your corner. Contact us today for a consultation.
Employment Lawyers Representing Employees
Employment law covers a complex body of law that controls how employers must treat employees, former employees and applicants for employment. We have significant experience interpreting and applying state and federal statutes and case law in areas such as:
- Federal employee litigation may involve discrimination or discipline and removal. We assist federal employees asserting discrimination claims before the EEOC, responding to proposed discipline, appealing discipline to MSPB, pursuing grievances, challenging clearance revocations, and appealing denial of within grade increases. Our attorneys have experience in all aspects of federal litigation involving Title VII, the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Employment discrimination and harassment based on age, pregnancy, race, color, gender and sex, sexual harassment, religion, nationality, disability or sexual preference.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) cases involving interference with employee rights and refusal to reinstate.
- Wrongful termination cases are taken on behalf of individuals who have been fired for discriminatory reasons, including age, gender, race or in retaliation.
- Retaliation cases generally arise after an employee has made a complaint of discrimination or unlawful conduct.
- Employment contracts and disputes are taken on by our attorneys to protect employees who seek advice negotiating a contract, negotiating the termination of a contract, pursuing a legal remedy after a breach of contract, and litigating restrictive covenants like non-compete, non disclosure and non-solicitation. We can represent you in any level of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
- Wage and hour disputes including unpaid wages and overtime. We can assist you in recovering unpaid compensation and in pursuing damages against your employer. We can also assist in disputes regarding the misclassification of employees.
- Employment law consultations: We offer a reduced reasonable fee for employees seeking an hour or two of sound legal advice.
- Whistleblower claims involving individuals who believe that someone is defrauding the federal government.
Se habla español · Credit cards accepted · Call to schedule a consultation if you have been fired from your job.
Please contact our firm to speak with an experienced employment lawyer. We offer strategic and results-driven legal services to clients in Washington, D.C., and throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia.