Alan Lescht & Associates, P.C.
Call 202-536-3315 Se habla espaƱol

What can federal government employees do if placed on indefinite suspension?

If you have a clearance then there is a chance that at some point in your career an issue will arise whether the clearance should be renewed, suspended or revoked.  There could be an issue with your credit, or a relationship with a foreign national related to your spouse, or an anonymous complaint made against you by a disgruntled co-worker.  

Once your clearance is questioned the agency may place you on an indefinite suspension from work.  But unlike suspensions arising from disciplinary actions, MSPB will not rule on the merits of an indefinite suspension related to your clearance.  All it will do is make sure you received due process.    

So what happens if an agency suspends your clearance for alleged poor performance or misconduct?  The agency can place you on administrative leave until such time as the clearance issue is decided, and that could take a very long time.

Your next step is to wait for the clearance adjudicators to present you with their statement of reasons, called SOR, laying out the basis for the complaint, and then you are entitled to dispute any alleged misconduct on your part.

Our lawyers are experienced in this field and regularly fight to protect federal government employees' clearances. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
I have been a litigator for close to 20 years and Alan is most certainly one of the best attorneys I have ever come across.
Mr. Lescht is an excellent Trial Lawyer, He is calm, cool, and collected.
I also appreciated Alan's frankness and his ability to identify what is important and what is not when going through a case like this.
I would highly recommend Alan to anyone who needs an exceptional and incredibly talented Employment Attorney.
Mr. Lescht is an extraordinarily responsive attorney, returning my emails and phone calls within minutes. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who thinks they may need a lawyer. Definitely incredible work.
I was impressed with his knowledge and professionalism, and I will always be grateful for his guidance.

1050 17th Street NW | Suite 400 | Washington, DC 20036 | Phone: 202-536-3315 | Map & Directions