Representing Whistleblowers Throughout The United States
The Federal Civil False Claims Act (FCFCA) was enacted to provide an incentive for private citizens to report fraud involving government agencies. If the action is successful, the plaintiff can receive 15-30 percent of the money recovered, plus attorney fees and court costs.
At Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., we aggressively represent clients in whistleblower/qui tam cases. Our attorneys have extensive trial experience and a comprehensive understanding of the FCFCA and other applicable statutes. We represent plaintiffs in these types of whistleblower claims:
- Health care fraud by medical providers
- Health care fraud by manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and medical supplies
- Corporate fraud by GSA suppliers and other government contractors
- Military and defense contractor fraud
- Construction contract and public works fraud
- Financial industry fraud
- Other claims involving the Federal Civil False Claims Act (FCFCA) or state false claims acts
Many other jurisdictions have their own false claims acts that can be used to recover funds, including Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Financial Industry Fraud
Banks, financial service companies and corporations can sometimes engage in fraudulent activities that could serve as the basis for a whistleblower lawsuit under the Federal Civil False Claims Act (FCFCA). Some of these include:
- Receiving funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and the Capital Purchase Program under false pretenses or failing to comply with the rules of those programs
- Mispricing securities purchased by a federal, state or municipal employee pension fund
- Insider trading of securities owned by a federal, state or municipal employee pension fund, or other securities fraud involving public pension funds
- Kickbacks or bid rigging during the municipal bond underwriting process
- Failure to comply with FHA requirements when providing information required for a FHA loan application
- Violating the Federal Reserve Bank's Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF)
- Other types of financial fraud
Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., will provide you with vigorous and skillful trial advocacy. We will work diligently to obtain full compensation for all compensable damages.
Contact An Attorney · Se Habla Español
Please contact our firm to speak with an experienced whistleblower claim lawyer. We offer strategic and results-driven legal service to clients in Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and around the world.