Federal Employment Discrimination Attorneys
For U.S. Government Employees in Pennsylvania
Despite the landmark protections instituted under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal laws, many workers still face illegal discrimination in the form of lower pay, denied promotions, hostile work environment and other unequal and demeaning treatment.
As a federal worker, you may belong to a protected class under federal equal employment opportunity (EEO) laws. As a federal worker, you are additionally protected from disciplinary actions as backlash for filing a discrimination claim.
The lawyers of Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., have represented federal employees throughout the United States in employment discrimination lawsuits and related proceedings for discipline or removal. Our goal is to hold your employer to justice and protect your federal employee status and accrued benefits.
We represent federal employees of Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and statewide Pennsylvania in EEO discrimination claims. Contact us today for a consultation.
Employment Discrimination Laws and the Special Rights of Federal Workers
Federal legislation provides for legal remedy if you have suffered discrimination in any facet of employment:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act — Prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or color, national origin or ethnicity, sex (gender) or religion.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act — Prohibits discrimination against workers age 40 and older.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Rehabilitation Act — Prohibits discrimination because of a person's disability and requires reasonable accommodations.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) — Allows employees to take job-protected leave to care for a child or family member or for their own health.
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act — Prohibits discrimination, discipline or termination of women on the basis of pregnancy or maternity leave.
- Sexual harassment — Unwanted advances or sexualized conduct creating a hostile work environment is sexual harassment, a form of sex discrimination.
Federal employees have additional rights that private sector employees do not. Namely, you have a formal process to fight any termination or disciplinary action, including suspension or removal as retaliation for claiming discrimination.
Were you the victim of wrongful termination, security clearance revocation or other backlash in response to reporting discrimination? We can assert your right to challenge proposed discipline or to contest actual suspension or removal through the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB).
Renowned Attorneys for Federal Employment Discrimination
Lawyers of Alan Lescht & Associates have more than 20 years of experience in EEO discrimination litigation. We can help you file a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and then file the lawsuit after the EEOC investigates and validates your claim. We aim for a discreet and timely settlement, but we are prepared to go to trial to get justice for you.
Se habla español · Credit cards accepted · Call to schedule a consultation if you have experienced employment discrimination or adverse employment actions as a federal government worker.
Please contact our firm to speak with an experienced employment lawyer. We offer strategic and results-driven legal services to federal employees in the Philly Metro area, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Allentown, Scranton or anywhere in the state of Pennsylvania.