Washington, D.C. Race Discrimination Lawyer
The civil rights movement resulted in federal laws and penalties that protect the rights of minorities in the workplace. Any individual who suffers racial discrimination in the private or public sector is able to bring legal action against their employer. Race discrimination cases are highly sensitive and require skills, experience, and resources to succeed in court. At Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., we offer dedicated employee rights advocacy to individuals who have faced racial discrimination in the workplace.
Racial discrimination in the workplace is prohibited by law, and you have the right to take legal action against your employer. Our lawyers provide aggressive representation to seek justice on your behalf.
Our firm has experience handling cases under the Civil Rights Act, Title VII, and similar state laws that protect the civil rights of minorities in the workplace. We handle cases involving hiring, termination, promotion, compensation, training, and other conditions or privileges of employment.
Race discrimination can take a number of forms. Please contact us for a consultation if you have experienced any of the following:
- You were denied a position based on your race
- You are a victim of ethnic slurs or derogatory racial comments
- You were denied a promotion or opportunity because of race
- Racial tension or prejudicial treatment has created a hostile work environment
- You are subjected to different treatment than other employees, including harsher disciplinary actions
- You have been denied promotions, training, or other employment benefits
- You have suffered retaliation for taking action against a discriminatory employer
- You have suffered wrongful termination motivated by racial discrimination
Our firm is committed to asserting the rights of individuals who are victims of racial harassment or discrimination in the workplace. If you believe that racial discrimination in the workplace has resulted in illegal treatment or damage to your livelihood, our legal team is committed to seeking results that meet your goals. We will assert your right to work and pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
Racial discrimination for federal employees
In federal race discrimination cases, the primary issue is non-selection of racial minorities. If you applied for a federal job and feel that you were denied the position or were not provided certain opportunities because of your race, our attorneys will assert your rights against the discriminatory federal employer.
Se habla español • Credit cards accepted • Call now for a free phone consultation if you believe you have suffered wrongful termination.
Please contact our firm to speak with an experienced employment lawyer. We offer strategic and result-driven legal service to clients in Washington, D.C., and throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia.