Washington, D.C. Federal Discrimination Attorney
Protecting Your Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Rights
The attorneys of Alan Lescht and Associates, P.C., represent federal, state, municipal and private employees in claims stemming from federal equal employment opportunity (EEO) laws. These laws protect employees from adverse actions from their employers based on protected classes. If your employer takes illegal action against you, we do all we can to protect your rights and interests. Contact us immediately if you feel you are the victim of federal discrimination.
Know the Federal Discrimination Laws That Protect You
Nearly all private, state or federal employees are covered by a number of EEO laws, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act: Prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, color, sex and religion
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA): Prohibits discrimination against individuals 40 years of age or greater
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Prohibits disability discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): Prohibits discriminating against an employee for taking job-protected leave for family or medical reasons
Under these laws, your employer cannot fire you, deny you a promotion, pay you less money than your peers, demote you for exercising your rights or take any other action deemed discriminatory. If you feel your employer has discriminated against you, you should speak with an employment law attorney to discuss your options for filing a discrimination claim.
Representing You in Your Federal Discrimination Claim
- Federal EEO laws are governed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). If your employer violates any of the federal EEO laws, you can seek a remedy by filing a claim with the EEOC. We will assist you in efficiently filing your claim and representing your interests and concerns during the EEOC investigation.
- After its investigation is complete, we can file suit on your behalf and represent you in all court proceedings.
Se habla español • Credit cards accepted • Call now. We offer a free phone consultation if you have been fired.
Please contact our firm to speak with an experienced employment lawyer. We offer strategic and results-driven legal service to clients in Washington, D.C., and throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia.